During prayer in church this morning I heard a thump! I looked up and saw a man had fallen onto his pew and was leaning far back, wide-eyed. Lukas said I said, "oh my gosh"...which I don't remember. Pastor stopped praying and a few men helped the man out. He was conscious. I got to see my husband do what he does at his job at the hospital. It was apparent that he knew what to do. Lukas was very calm, but quick. He gave directions to some of the men and in no time the ambulance arrived.
I get very nervous and scared when someone has a health concern. I was shaky on the inside for a couple hours after this event in church. I was trying to think what makes me so nervous. And then I remembered the last time I was needed in a serious situation was with my Uncle Paul. He was living with my parents at the time and my mom had found him almost unconscious. My mom and I tried to help him but didn't have success. Long story short, he passed away that same day. I think I subconsciously feel like a scary health-related situation could lead to death.
I'm not scared of dying because by God's grace, I am heaven-bound. But it's the thought of a sudden loss that puts me into panic mode. I hope the day does not come that I am in a crisis situation with my husband or one of my children.
Maybe now that I recognize the root of my fear, I can re-gain control. I'm no stranger to fear. Cats and tornadoes are two things that have plagued me. But the Lord has seen me through those things and I have no doubt that He will show his care for me by taking away the irrational fear that a pinched finger will lead to a life or death situation...(I'll save myself some embarrassment and not tell you that story.)
1 comments:
So scary! I totally forgot that you were there with Uncle Paul. Those tense situations would reak anyone out. Especially when it's dealing with a human life...I could never be a doctor or nurse! Even though you think you are a scardey cat ;) in some areas, I do remember several occasions where you have been the dare devil! :)
Lo
Post a Comment