Thursday, January 26, 2012

8:45pm and Max was begging...BEGGING...for a pork chop. He said, "But my belly is hungry and I sleep for a long time so I need a pork chop now." I didn't want him to be hungry so I cut up a few bites of leftover pork chops from dinner and he gobbled them down.

I guess he was indeed hungry!

__________________________________________________________________________________

I've been trying to do a better job of making the boys try some foods that they wouldn't normally eat. So for Sawyer, that includes everything except yogurt, bread, and pb&j. Tonight we had roasted baby carrots and he didn't want to try it. I made him eat one measly carrot before he could be excused from the table. He shook his head and cried and tried to spit it out but in the end he ate it. And when he did finally give in and swallow the little carrot, he was SO proud of himself. Clapping and exclaiming "I did it!". I'm hoping that sense of accomplishment will be enough to make him want to try new foods again tomorrow! But if not, we'll do it one carrot at a time and I will continue to hide pureed carrots in his peanut butter :)

1 comments:

Gretchen said...

Good for Tote! Susie is going through a bit of a non-eating phase right now too. She's starting to get sort of skinny! (she only weighs 28 lbs, which is not a big deal, but she hasn't gained much in the past 6 months, I guess). I poured some of Chippy's baby food in her mac and cheese today. . . she was like drinking the liquid, so I guess it worked ok. :)

Post a Comment