Sawyer wanted a bedtime story about policemen. He's up a little late this evening so it had to be a short one. This is how it went...
There was once a policemen who was walking down the sidewalk. He heard "meow, meow". He looked up and saw a cat stuck up in the tree. So he climbed the tree and brought the cat safely down. Then the cat said, "Thank you." (I said the "thank you" in like a cat high-pitched voice.)
Sawyer was making a face - like looking out the corner of his eyes. I could just tell he was wondering if the story was true. So I told him it wasn't and that Mommy just made it up.
He said, "Cats don't talk?"
I said, "No, cats don't talk, silly!"
He asked, "Dogs talk?"
"No!"
"Papa talk?"
"Yes, Papa talks!"
Made me laugh! Why he relates his papa to animals, I don't know!
1 comments:
Any time I hear that any of the kids mention me I am so moved. I see by the way they look at me that my Grand children love me. I know my kids do too but I don't remember actually seeing it so apparent in their faces. I think that is the difference between parenting and grand parenting. I don't deserve it, I love these kids and I love being Papa! God is so Good!
Papa
Post a Comment