1989....it was the first time I remember writing the year. Isn't it weird that stuck with me? I was in 1st grade and my teacher was Mrs. Picciuto.
I'm not 100% sure that this pic is from 1989, but it has to be close! Melissa, me, and Josh on the first day of school.

This was also the year our family friends, the Houck's, lived behind us. I was so excited about that! I've known them my whole life and even though we don't see each other often, we live in a small enough town that we run into them from time to time. Facebook also helps with that! To this day my Mom still calls Jaclyn Houck "Neighbor". I remember going over there and playing in their backyard, which had a plum tree. Yum-O! Their house was a hillside ranch so the garage was underneath. As a kid I thought that was pretty cool.
Also around 6 years old I accepted the Lord as my personal Savior. Pastor Teeters preached on Hell, which brewed many questions. My dad, sitting in a green chair in the living room and I on the floor, lead me to the Lord after my questions were answered. I was young but I knew exactly what decision I was making. I pray for the day my boys accept Christ. What a blessing as a parent to be the one the Lord uses to bring your child to Him.
4 comments:
Dad - I bet your teacher was just tickled to see such a cute little thing come onto her classroom for the first time. I could just squeeze you. Remember I used to say let me kiss your soft cheeks? You would turn one cheek for me to kiss and then the other.
I remember :) :)
I loved living behind you! It was so fun to have my friend to play with all the time. I remember the time I got grounded and wasn't allowed to walk to school with you that week. My mom called your mom every day to make sure I didn't stop at your house. And I remember a time when I was sick and sleeping on the couch and you came to visit. My mom told me you came by after I woke up and I was mad at her for not waking me up to see you. I also remember the time we had to pick apples and grapes for our moms to make applesauce and jam. They said they would pay us...I was told that being able to eat the jam and applesauce was my payment. Those were some of the best memories I have growing up. I loved your basement too.
I remember when I was saved, I got done praying and said, "Guess What! I'm going to heaven now!" to my mom. How awesome for you to remember exactly how it happened with your dad!
Post a Comment