Mommy's Piggy Tales has asked us to write about when we were 7 years old. 1990, here we go!
The '90's....tight rolled jeans, high bangs, and making friendship bracelets. Ahhh, the sweet days. ;)
Josh was in 5th grade this year, upper elementary.....therefore, he was cool. Two girls in his grade had an on-going competitition to see whose bangs were higher. Hilarious NOW!
Growing up we lived right across the street from our school. It was convenient to say the least. My parents didn't have to worry about transporting us, they walked to parent-teacher conferences, we always had a back up place to play when the backyard got boring, and we had a few more minutes in the morning to get ready. But maybe the best thing about living by the school was that we got to go home for lunch! My classmates would line up for the cafeteria and I would get to leave school. I would head back when I saw my classmates come out for recess or line up after recess was over. The freedom of that was so nice.
I'm guessing this will be the first of many mentions of TV in the '90's. We loved TGIF and Saturday morning shows. Saved By The Bell, Full House, Family Matters, Step By Step, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Ryan's fave!), California Dreams, Hang Time, Hanging With Mr. Cooper, and the list goes on....
TGIF was a big deal in our house. Mom usually went grocery shopping on Friday nights where she would take one or two of us kids. Between the 5 kids we took turns getting to pick out a special cereal and the TGIF treat. Ice cream, chips, candy, whatever it was we shared it with everyone and sat down to watch It was always exciting to come home and show everyone what treat you picked! Ice cream, chips, candy, whatever it was, was shared with everyone. Then we sat down to watch the 4 shows that made up TGIF. SO FUN!
4 comments:
Your mom told me about TGIF treat when I first met you guys and used to go to the grocery with her. So fun! I love that tradition. Also pretty sure I heard the bang contest story from her.
I remember TGIF and high bangs!
I would have loved to go home for lunch.
How special to pick the treat and cereal. Moms are so awesome about making the small things HUGE fun.
in 1990, I was 12 and i TOTALLY remember TGIF! I LOVED LOVED LOVED Full HOuse with Uncle Jesse and Hangin' with Mr. Cooper!
We live just down the block from the school my daughter is going to next year...we're so lucky, just like you were growing up!
Post a Comment