Thursday, January 12, 2012

Today I felt a nagging. Well, maybe nagging isn't the right word. More like an urge. Yes, that's a better word. God was saying to me, sit down and study my Word, Kari. So at naptime I got my chance. I sat down and opened my ESV study Bible to Mark. (Correction: Lukas' study Bible that I steal.) This Bible is so great because it gives you context, back stories, cross-references, etc. Anyway, I came across Mark 8, verse 38 to be exact. Listen up...

"For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels."

Aye, aye, aye! I had to bow my head immediately and ask for forgivness. I want to let this truth push me out of my comfort zone and to a place where I am no longer ashamed to share the gospel. Jesus came to this earth to preach the good news. I desire to imitate that. (That is not an annoucement that I seek to be a woman preacher, so settle down :) )

Pray for me, will you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful words for a Dad to read! I bet it pleased your heavenly Father also. I will pray for you. Let me know about your first opportunity.
Love Dad

Jillian said...

ESV Study Bible is da'bomb. Love it!

Post a Comment