I'll level with you...sometimes I have difficult days as a mom to 3 boys. Sometimes they melt down and sometimes I fall apart. But those days are not our norm. And today was the exact opposite. It was an amazefest. Let me paint the pretty picture of our Saturday.
In the morning, Max, Sawyer, and I made some goodies. Jell-o Jigglers and lemon cookies to be exact. The boys love to be in the kitchen and we really do have a great time together baking. Then we all took our time getting ready and headed out to the local flea market. This is favorite past-time of ours. You never know what you'll find! Like today we scored a new popcorn maker for 5 bones. The boys then laid down for a nap and I went out to my parents house to visit with them and my aunt and uncle who were in town from Florida. In the evening we went to a local Pizza Palooza event - until we got rained on! Maxy and I were holding hands, running to the van, loving the excitement of getting all wet. When we got home we all went to the toy room. The boys were playing so nicely that I decided to organize some of our craft and paper supplies. It was only 10 or so minutes before all 3 of the boys noticed I was busy. In Sawyer's words, "Don't work, Mommy." It was endearing. We finished the night off with our bedtime routine. I sang and rocked Brody. Lukas read the boys a story (Zacchaeus!) and then we told them their usual requested stories. Max always wants a "police man story - a long one who got somebody" and Sawyer wants an "Incredible Hulk story with Joker".
After shutting off the light, Max and Sawyer came out of their room. I took them back to bed but could tell they weren't quite ready to settle. So the 3 of us cuddled up in Maxy's bed for a little chat. Max asked about cigarettes. "Why do a lot of people smoke cigarettes at flea markets?" HAHA! And "Why do people hold their cigarettes like this?" He held up two fingers. He's such an observer. He concluded that we should not ask a smoker why they hold their cigarette like that or it would hurt their feelings. Sawyer piped up on the nicotine talk with "I had a cigarette on my shoe at the flea market today." He went on to tell me he purposely stepped on it.
After a while I told the boys I better get them tucked in and go on out of their room. Sawyer squeezed me and said, "I love you sooo much." And Max hugged my arm and said, " I love you. I want to see you for a long time." My cup runneth over. Who could leave after that? So I stayed a little longer and we sang together. Max's throat is scratchy so he listened while Sawyer and I sang Jesus Loves Me. Sawyer did a solo or two as well :) The tears welled up as I looked at those boys and thought of Brody lying in his crib and Lukas feeling content after a day with family.
Today really was picture perfect. BLESSED. Thank you, Jesus.
1 comments:
Sweet, sweet boys!! (ha ha, so funny about the cigarettes)
Post a Comment