Brody is quite the big boy lately. It is a true joy to watch him learn new things. The process of trying and failing is very entertaining when you're talking about a 16 month old! A new thing is nodding. He has tried it a few times while standing and he nods so hard that he throws himself down. True comedy! He throws his own diaper away...and occasionally pitches a toy or two. He points at the switches when we walk by them so he can turn the light on or off. I love these little things!
Last night I gave him some Tylenol (teething!) and after I put it back in the box he took it from me, walked down the hall, and reached up to the cabinet where it belongs. How did he know where it went?! I mean, he has been to that cabinet with me plenty of times but now I know he's paying attention!
Sawyer left a bag of Matchbox cars by the basement steps. Brody found them and carried them one by one to the living room by the front door. I wanted to just bring the bag to him and save all those steps (atleast 20 each way!) but it was so fun to see him happy to make the trip!
Brody wants to be doing what Max and Sawyer are doing. Therefore, he loves football. At any given time he can be found carrying a ball, football player figurine, or football helmet around the house. You know the little players that look like they are in the middle of a throw? Well, they come with teeny tiny helmets that I took off (choking hazard!). Oh no, that wasn't going to fly. If the player didn't have a helmet on, he had no interest! He wanted the REAL thing!
I thank God for him everyday!
0 comments:
Post a Comment